Office of Divine Worship
Remain United with Me (John 14:14)The Liturgy is the SUMMIT toward which all activity of the Church is directed;at the same time, it is the FOUNT from which all the Church's power flows. #10 Constitution on the Sacred LiturgyFor, although you have no need of our praise, yet our thanksgiving is itself your gift, since our praises add nothing to your greatness, but profit us for salvation, through Christ our Lord. Common Preface IV The Office of Divine Worship nurtures and supports the prayer life of the Diocese of Green Bay celebrated in Word and Sacrament. In Addition, the Office fosters continued liturgical renewal which calls for full and active participation in the celebration of the liturgy. We are committed to assist parishes throughout the Diocese, "respond in love to worship and praise God..." by keeping you formed and informed. The Office is dedicated to assist the Faithful of the Diocese of Green Bay celebrate the liturgy that will in turn move us to be one in holiness, drawn into the compelling love of Christ, and set on fire to live out our Baptismal call as members of the mystical Body of Christ.
- Universal Prayer for World Day of Prayer for Vocations
- 2022 Consecration of Ukraine and Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Easter Season
- 2022 Monthly Intercessions /Intenciones Mensuales para el 2022
- 2022 Holy Hour Guides/Guía de la Hora Santa Eucarística
- All Souls' Day Celebration: An Outreach of Hope to the Community
- Optional Memorial of Our Lady of Loreto Liturgical Supplements
- Optional Memorial of “Our Lady of Loreto” was added to the Universal Calendar on November 1, 2019 by Pope Francis, but does not currently have Propers translated in English. While we await the approved translations, parishes may use the Mass texts from the Commons of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Advent. The citation in the Lectionary is no. 689-B
- Optional Memorial of St. John Paul II Liturgical Supplements
- Optional Memorial of St. John XXIII Liturgical Supplements
- St. Peter Claver Memorial Letter
- St. Peter Claver Memorial Resources
Liturgical Updates Regarding COVID19
- Masses back to normal - parish Grid (March 3, 2022)
- USCCB Permissions for use of Mass Readings and Prayers
- Bishop Ricken Video on Holy Communion Services
- Re-engagement Resources
- Suggestions for cleaning and disinfecting church furniture
- Suggestions for cleaning and disinfecting pews
- Blessing the Oil of the Sick in Emergent Circumstances
As part of the Discipleship and Parish Life Mission Team, we serve Bishop Ricken and the Diocese by providing liturgical formation and policy as well as coordinate Diocesan and Episcopal liturgies. In collaboration with other curial offices, this office also provides resources and overall support for the liturgical and sacramental life of the parishes and agencies of the Diocese.
Phone: (920) 272-8310 | Fax: (920) 435-1330
1825 Riverside Drive
Green Bay, WI 54301
Regular diocesan office hours
Monday through Thursday: 7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
P.O. Box 23825
Green Bay, WI 54305-3825
Gerard Hall | Divine Worship Director
Phone: (920) 272-8311
1-877-500-3580, ext. 8311 (920/715 area codes)
Arvilla Rusnak | Divine Worship Coordinator
Phone: (920) 272-8310
1-877-500-3580, ext. 8341 (920/715 area codes)
For additional information/resources on worship and liturgy, please visit the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops [USCCB].
The Office of Divine Worship is a member of the Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions [FDLC].
Email Updates and Announcements
Major announcements and important information from the Office of Divine Worship are also distributed through the Parish Pages (Department of Communications) and the Chancery Bulletin (Chancellor's Office).