Learning Specialist – Lourdes Academy, Oshkosh
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Start: as soon as possible
Under general supervision, the incumbent in this position is responsible for the maintenance of the physical plant operations, including but not limited to security, grounds custodial services, central heating plants, fleet services, support services, utilities, and space.
With safety in mind, the maintenance technician will perform general maintenance work and repairs to both inside and outside of the facilities. This would include the elementary, middle, and high school along with the early learning building and the central business office. General maintenance to include basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, cleaning, and other building needs.
- Works with the school administration and director of facilities to identify and complete preventative and planned maintenance of Lourdes Academy facilities.
- Performs repairs as needed with little or no notice
- Plans larger scale maintenance work during school off times
- Performs general landscaping as needed
- Performs snow removal from entryways and sidewalks. Snow plow removal on an on-call basis in order to maintain a safe environment for students, employees and community.
- Receives deliveries and maintains inventory status
- Arranges furnishings and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparation for meetings, classroom activities, and events.
- Attends in-service training (e.g., instruction on blood-borne pathogens, cleaning solvents, floor care, first aid, etc.) for the purpose of receiving information on new and/or improved procedures as needed.
- Daily attendance and punctuality are required for the purpose of ensuring the goals of the work unit can be met.
- Delivers various items (e.g., supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.), as needed.
- Helps respond to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g., facility damage, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action to resolve immediate safety issues and maintaining a functioning physical and educational environment.
- Inspects school system facilities for the purpose of ensuring site is suitable for safe operations and maintained in an attractive and clean condition, and identifying any repairs that may be necessary due to vandalism, mechanical equipment breakage, weather conditions, etc.
- Lifts up to 50 pounds unassisted for the purpose of lifting equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks. Performs work at heights of up to 35 feet using ladders (including outside wall ladders), scissors lift, and/or scaffolding for the purpose of cleaning, changing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, roof inspection/repair, etc.
- Prepares school system facilities for daily operations (e.g., opening gates and building access doors, disarming security systems, raising flags, placing crosswalk signs, performing repairs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring school system facilities are operational and safe.
- Secures school system facilities and grounds for the purpose of minimizing property damage, equipment loss, and potential liability to the school system.
- Services job-related machinery/equipment (e.g., adjusting, cleaning, and oiling vacuum cleaners, scrubbers, buffers, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining equipment in good working condition. Also changes brushes, pads, rollers, etc. on equipment.
- Responsibilities also include working under limited supervision following standardized practices methods and safety procedures; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget.
- Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
This list of responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be adapted as deemed necessary.
- Be able to support, affirm, and uphold, by word or example, the teachings of the Catholic Church
- High school diploma required and 1 to 3 years of experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to follow instructions from facilities director and administration
- Ability to use hand and power tools to complete a task
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of basic repairs
- Be in good physical health. Must be able to lift to climb ladders, use a scissors lift, and enter crawl spaces, is required
- Be able to walk for prolonged periods of time required
- Must have strong time management, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work nonstandard hours as needed
- Other factors to be given special consideration include a high degree of motivation; understanding of productivity and cost controls of maintenance operations; knowledge and experience with facilities.
- Sense of discretion and confidentiality are critical
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with others to promote teamwork and the values of Lourdes Academy
- A commitment to Lourdes Academy’s mission, L.A.W., and its Catholic values are a must.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this position. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of an employee in this position. Is able to support, affirm, and uphold, by word or example, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
All positions are contingent upon the successful completion of diocesan background check
and VIRTUS Safe Environment Awareness training.