Elementary Learning Specialist – Lourdes Academy, Oshkosh
Reports to: Elementary School Principal
Lourdes Academy of Oshkosh Catholic School (Middle school) seeks a full-time 5th – 8th grade learning specialist to begin August, 2022. The school is committed to providing a traditional education in a faith filled environment.
Qualities for this individual will include knowledge and expertise in serving students with a variety of educational disabilities and/or at-risk needs. This is a teaching position
The following abilities are required for success within this position:
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written format and can work collaboratively as an intervention team member,
- Develop, interpret, and evaluate IEPs, 504, and Lourdes Service Plans and accommodations for students as appropriate
- Ability to use evidence-based individual and group behavior management strategies/techniques,
- The ability to use differentiated instruction across academic subject areas,
- Knowledge of social skills development and affective strategies
- Knowledge of curriculum, common core standards & essential elements
- Knowledge of federal and state laws related to special education
- Ability to integrate technology within the curriculum/instruction
- Understanding of content area reading and grade level mathematics,
- Ability to assist in student organizational skills and development of self-advocacy.
- Organize and coordinate school library
The position requires abilities in monitoring student progress and the effects of individualized interventions through the use of objective measures of data, the ability to conduct functional behavioral assessments, the development of behavior plans/implementation of behavior interventions.
The incumbent in this position will partner with parents, teachers and administration to foster and promote student learning and moral development through the Green Bay Catholic Diocese curriculum, and integrate the Catholic faith into daily activities.
This incumbent will have strong leadership skills, is an excellent communicator and can motivate and inspire children in a positive manner. Preference may be given to a practicing Catholic.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or better from an accredited college or university
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess licensure in one or more of the following areas: Special Education Cross Categorical licensure, Emotional Behavioral Disabilities, Reading/Literacy.
- Additionally, licensure needs will also include preference to individuals with educational licensure and experience at the age appropriate grade levels identified for services. Finally an area of licensure, which might also enhance consideration of a candidate could include and enhanced focus upon alternative educational programming.
- Preferred candidate will have successful experience working with Autistic students as well as a proven track record of increasing student learning and promoting independent learning skills within the special education student population
- Be able to support, affirm, and uphold, by word or example, the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Have a passion and commitment for a faith-filled education
- An understanding of Catholic traditions and beliefs
All positions are contingent upon the successful completion of diocesan background check and VIRTUS Safe Environment Awareness training.