Coordinator of Religious Education / Youth Minister
Families & Schools of Discipleship Mission Team
Administers (designs, develops, directs and evaluates) a total parish religious education program. Provide leadership to assist the parish in building a solid foundation for child and adult spirituality, Christian living service ministry and outreach to the community. This includes providing youth opportunities for relationship building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. Also serves as a spiritual leader and role model.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
“Embrace the mission and vision of the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay and work in accordance with Catholic Social Teachings and the moral and ethical values of the Catholic Church.”
• Must be a practicing Catholic, a member in good standing of a Catholic parish within the Diocese of Green Bay, and be single, ordained, a professed religious or in a sacramental marriage and have a strong faith commitment, dedicated to the Gospel values and living a life of prayer and service.
• Bachelor’s degree in theology or related area.
• 2 years of religious education experience in a parish.
• 2 years of supervisory experience required.
• Position requires an understanding of catechetical processes as they pertain to youth, young adults and adults.
• Valid driver’s license and insurability through diocesan automobile insurance plan.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Leadership and administrative skills, decision-making skills, program development skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, the internet, and all basic office equipment is required.
• Must have the ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, parish and school community as well as establish and maintain effective relationships.
• Must have ability to implement age appropriate instructional materials and methods of teaching.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects and priorities as required.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.