Thank you for making us part of your preparation for marriage! We hope that you find the resources on this page helpful as you prepare for your life together. If you need any assistance in this preparation process, please contact our office. We're here for you now AND to support your future marriage! God bless you in the day and months ahead as you discover and follow His plan for you!
To Register for your Marriage Prep, Choose One of these Options
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!
Click any option below for more information
Complete Marriage Prep Program covering both Part 1 & Part 2 in one weekend while enjoying some relaxing time with your future spouse. The Weekend Retreat covers all aspects of Part I and Part II of Marriage Prep.
During this retreat, you will:
- Explore the relationship skills needed to nurture a lifelong commitment
- Hear stories, presentations, and insights from experienced married couples
- Learn the Church's teachings about the Sacrament of Marriage and family life
- Hike, get to know other couples, and spend quality time with each other!
Cost: $225 per couple includes all meals, accommodations, and materials. Full Payment is due upon registration. No refunds will be given for cancellations within two weeks of the event. Please call our office with any questions.
Two-Part Seminar Class
Complete two-part "A Marriage in the Lord" Marriage Prep Program in two sessions, which can be taken in any order (for example, Part II before Part I):
- Part 1 | One-day program (Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) at locations throughout the Diocese.
- Part 2 | Two-hour session at various times and places.
A MARRIAGE IN THE LORD is a two part marriage preparation series. These sessions strengthen the practical skills needed for a lifelong happy, healthy and holy marriage.
- Discuss positive communication skills, finances, families of origin, and ways to protect and empower their marriage.
- Hear stories, presentations, and insights from experienced married couples.
- Have time for private reflection and conversation throughout the day.
- Learn the beauty of living the Catholic vision of marriage as a covenant for responsible parenthood, including a healthy option called Natural Family Planning (NFP).
- Listen to committed Catholic couples (with a background in NFP) share scientific and medical research, personal stories, prayer
Part I is a one-day program where you explore the relationship skills to nurture a lifelong commitment and hear presentations from experienced married couples who lead discussion on living the Sacrament of Marriage.
Part II is a two-hour session, held on a separate day, that examines the Church's teachings about the Sacrament of Marriage and responsible parenthood including a healthy option for a lifetime of love called "Natural Family Planning."
Part II can be taken before Part I.
El Amor Nuestro
El Amor Nuestro es la versión hispana de A Marriage in the Lord. Este retiro es presentado por parejas hispanohablantes casadas. En este programa, el contenido es adoptado para la lengua y cultura de los hispanos viviendo en la Diócesis de Green Bay. Tratamos temas como el matrimonio como sacramento, familia de origen, comunicación, finanzas, sexualidad y más.
Online Option | Opción en línea
Online options are available for anyone separated by distance, having challenging schedules, the hearing-impaired, Spanish-speaking individuals, or those with limited alternatives. This approved marriage preparation option uses the same materials as "A Marriage in the Lord" and satisfies both Part I and II.
*While in person marriage prep is the preferred way to complete marriage preparation, this online option is available at the discretion of the couple's pastor. Please consult with the pastor or deacon preparing you for marriage before enrolling in this course.
Couples Guide to Re-marriage
A unique seminar class for couples who plan to marry in the Church after an annulment, the death of a spouse, or are currently civilly married and are now seeking the Sacrament of Marriage. This seminar is also open to anyone getting married later in life. A seminar workshop tailored to the unique issues of couples, such as financial health, finding each other’s strengths, raising stepchildren, communication styles, and more.
This supplemental seminar can be taken either before the couple is married or shortly after the wedding, and is separate from marriage preparation classes. All couples are asked to go through marriage preparation to fulfill parish requirements.
- No workshops are available at this time
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please contact our office immediately at (920) 272-8315 if you are unable to attend your scheduled marriage prep class. NOTE: Couples who cancel or re-schedule their date after registering will be charged a $10.00 service fee.
FOCCUS Facilitator Training
FOCCUS (Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding & Study) is a parish ministry preparing engaged couples for marriage. FOCCUS Facilitator Training is offered to married couples seeking to guide engaged couples through this ministry. All of the following courses will be offered on the Diocesan Campus, Green Bay. Cost is $85/couple and may be paid online, in person, or invoice to parish after the event is held. Courses limited to 12 couples each; please register here as soon as possible.
- October 8, 2022 - Diocese of Green Bay, Chancery Building | Register
- April 15, 2023 - Diocese of Green Bay, Chancery Building | Register
*FOCCUS for engaged couples: Please contact your parish!
In Perfect Union
A collection of information and resources from the Wisconsin Catholic Bishops to help couples prepare for lifelong successful marriages that bring them happiness and joy, by living their commitment to each other, to God and to the Christian community.