We are missionary disciples striving to lead all people to the Kingdom of God.
As friends and followers of Jesus, we are devoted to fostering households and communities of discipleship through the mission and ministry of the Catholic Church.
Bishop Ricken's Parish Planning Video
Fr. Dan Felton, from Scarcity to Abundance
What to Expect from Parish Mission Planning for Your Parish Video
PMP Core Team Workshops
To prepare for Parish Mission Planning, your Core Team is required to attend one of the Essential Core Team Workshops. This streamlined training will be 3 hours and includes a 5:30 pm dinner. We will cover the why, what and how to launch and successfully complete a Parish Mission Plan. You will receive a comprehensive manual with streamlined tools and easy to understand instructions for each key position on the Core Team. The Core Team is the Pastor/Pastoral Leader, a Team Facilitator, a Technical Representative, and a Communications Liaison. If your parish is connected to a school, then a School Representative should attend as well.
Curia Support Team Contact Pages:
PMP Launch Toolkit Overview - pdf Download Document (972 KB)
Workshop Binder Materials
|Health of Leadership Survey
Download PDF Access Online Survey
|Checklists Including Instructions
|Sample Community Data Sheets
|School and Parish Planning: Key Recommendations
|Discipleship & Parish Mission Planning Roadmap
|Final Planning Document
Download Word Document
Surveys & Checklists
Who Should Complete the Surveys?
The survey is designed for those that lead or actively serve in the church or school. The online survey is not designed to be a total parish survey. At least 30 surveys should be submitted, more surveys from various parish demographics will garner best results.
- Staff/faculty: pastor, pastoral leader, associate pastor, deacon, religious, parish staff, school administration/teachers, bookkeepers
- Ministry leaders: all individuals who lead/facilitate a parish or school ministry area (including volunteers) such as Altar Society, Liturgy/Worship, Men/Women's Ministry, Faith Formation, Catechists, RE, Youth Ministry, Prayer Groups, Pastoral Care Ministries, etc.
- Board members/Trustees: school board members, parish trustees, and other individuals/group deemed top-level advisory or governance
- Pastoral Council Chair or member: pastoral council chairs, council members
- Finance Council chair or member: Finance committee members and council members
- Parish Mission Planning team member: all members of the parish mission planning team
- Committee member: Anyone actively attending committee meetings and or doing the work of the committee
- Other ministries, Active Parent, Active Parishioner, Young Adult, Seniors, etc.: Parents of school age children, young adults, seniors, parents of children attending school or RE, any demographic that might help decipher parish/community needs
Parish Mission Planning Checklist - CLICK HERE
Who Should Complete the Checklists? Please distribute to individuals best equipped to answer the questions in the 12 areas of consideration below (one person may be able to complete more than one checklist, but it is not expected that one person can answer all the checklists).